Car Accident Lawyer in USA
COMMON TYPES OF CAR CRASHES
Car Accident Lawyer in USA-We has been representing victims of car accidents for over 40 years. Our team of highly skilled personal injury lawyers is capable of handling a wide variety of auto accident cases ranging from single-vehicle accidents to collisions with commercial vehicles. If you are hurt by your mistake, a car accident lawyer can help. In Carlson Law Firm, a car accident lawyer can handle the following auto accident lawsuit types:
Car vs Bicycle
Motorists should share the bike with riders on the road, who have every right to use as automobiles. Unfortunately, careless drivers often fail to comply with the rights of cyclists and pedestrians, leading to serious accidents. When motorists fail to follow the rules of the road and negligently ignore the cyclists, then this is a recipe for disaster. At The Carlson Law Firm, a car accident lawyer will fight for you.
Car vs Motorcycle
Motorcycle accidents are more dangerous than accidents from just passenger cars. Every year, more than 5,000 people die in motorcycle accidents. An additional 100,000 motorcycle drivers and their passengers were hurt. An experienced personal injury lawyer values the full value of your financial and non-financial losses and has the resources, knowledge, and commitment to the best possible outcome for your case.
Commercial or Company Vehicle Accidents
A commercial or company vehicle is a car, van, truck, or bus owned and operated by the company or its agents used by the company’s agents. The company’s vehicles are used by employees to carry their jobs, work items, cargo or transport passengers, but can also be used to bring work-related employees. Like any other car on the road, they can be involved in collisions that have hurt and are even fatal. When it comes to commercial vehicle accidents, a skilled personal injury lawyer is an essential addition to your team.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recognizes three types of distracted driving: visual, manual and cognitive. By far, the most common type of distracted driving that occurs in accidents is cell phone use during cell driving. Extreme time in busy lifestyles and vehicles can motivate drivers to do things that can not always be safely completed while driving. Although text messaging, status updates and mobile web interaction have recently taken the heat of distraction to accommodate drivers, GPS systems, grooming, and even radio and music, while distracting attention during driving. The reason for this may be, even if you are only attracting attention for a few seconds.
Drunk Driving Accidents
It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.8 percent or more. In your system, alcohol impedes the vehicle’s ability to operate safely. Every year around 112 million people are in danger due to poor decisions and dangerous habits due to drunk driving. A drunken-driving accident can be a life-changing event for innocent people due to the choice of a damaged driver who suffers injury or death in an accident. If you were hurt by a drunk driver, a personal injury lawyer could fight for your recovery, both physically and financially.
Hit and Run Accidents
Some of the most tragic types of accidents involve leaving the driver on the spot. The law requires individuals to remain at the scene and exchange information until law enforcement and ambulances can arrive (if necessary). For those injured in hit and run cases, there are some concerns about the claims and investigation process, especially when there is difficulty in finding another driver. Fortunately, you still have the opportunity to take legal action with the help of a car accident lawyer.
While any car wreck can have potentially devastating effects, a multi-vehicle accident is particularly devastating. A collision involving three or more cars is commonly known as a chain reaction collision or a pile-up accident. All such accidents include all serious car accidents. Many automobile accidents are known to raise a wide variety of complex legal issues that determine who should be held responsible for the wreckage and for injuries and damage.
The intersection and sidewalk is a safe place for pedestrians and pedestrians. Unfortunately, careless drivers often fail to comply with the rights of cyclists and pedestrians, leading to serious accidents. As of 2019 data, pedestrians have a 90% chance of avoiding crashes at 20 MPH or less, but only a 50% chance at high speeds. If you are a victim of pedestrian accidents, then do not give another moment without an experienced lawyer on your behalf. A qualified auto accident lawyer will protect your rights from our firm and will fight for your recovery.
Uninsured/Underinsured (UM/UIM) Motorists
The uninstallation and short (UM / UIM) motorist claims are applicable to those who were involved in a crash with a driver who did not have insurance either or did not have adequate insurance. UM / UIM insurance covers any non-family member who rides in your insured auto as well as a member of the family who rides in any of the cars.
Rear-end collisions are one of the most common types of car accidents that occur on American roadways rear-end crashes when the front bumper of one vehicle collides with the rear end of another vehicle. Rear-end collisions occur frequently on congested roads. In addition, they are commonly referred to as fender benders. If you were killed from behind, you may qualify for an auto accident lawsuit.
If a car hits the right angle, then it can go in a spin and rollover. Rollover and roof crush accidents can occur for any vehicle. But years of studies and lawsuits have shown that in some vehicles, there is an inappropriate tendency to roll over, even in normal driving conditions. A qualified personal injury lawyer may be able to properly follow a rollover claim on your behalf.
The driver has a top speed of at least 10 mph compared to the timing. But do you know that national figures show that even at a speed of 10 mph, the risk of crashing increases by 9.1%? When you are behind the wheel, you rely on other drivers to use proper care to avoid a collision. However, speed drivers ignore this responsibility, putting themselves and others at risk of an accident. Accidents caused by high speed include the most severe and catastrophic car accident injuries due to the severe high velocity and impact of these accidents.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A CAR CRASH: ADVICE FROM A CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
In 2015 alone, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in the United States, approximately 2.44 million people were injured in traffic accidents. It is important that if you find yourself in an auto accident, you are ready to come. Filing an auto accident suit can be the best next step for you.
Keep the following tips in mind after a car accident:
- Stay put: Your first reaction may be to leave and get help or go somewhere safe. Leaving the scene of a car accident, especially if there is an injury or death, can bring about serious criminal charges.
- Assess the damage: The safety of yourself and those around you after a car crash is vital. Make sure you, and those affected by the accident, stay out of harm’s way of other vehicles that may still be in the vicinity. This will prevent additional collisions.
- Contact the authorities: By calling 9-1-1, you are making sure you get the medical care you need, as soon as possible.
- Watch what you say (and sign): Never apologize or sign anything taking responsibility for a wreck until you have consulted an experienced auto accident lawyer first.
- Gather information: It’s important to gather the information from other parties involved in a car collision. Make sure to note the names, contact information and driver’s license number of other drivers, passengers, and even witnesses.
- Collect evidence: Pictures of your car and the scene of the crash can be an important resource later to prove damages. Make sure you take pictures of the entire scene, including street signs and roadways.
- Get help: Reach out to a car accident lawyer who specialized in this type of matter. An experienced car crash lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm will put your health first. Additionally, we will handle your auto accident lawsuit for you, so that you can focus on what really matters: your recovery.
COMMON CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES
Auto accidents can cause damage to almost every party in the body. However, the severity of your injuries depends on the type of accident; Common car accident injuries, as well as the severity of impact, are:
- Head: Eye injuries, partial vision loss, concussion, facial or jaw fractures and dental injuries
- Neck and Back: Whiplash, strained muscles, and disk injuries
- Abdominal: Injuries to abdominal organs including the liver, spleen, and kidneys
- Broken Bones: Tibia/fibula, femur, rib, hip, pelvis, facial and back fractures are most commonly caused by high-impact crashes.
- Leg and Knee: Bruises, fractures, and meniscus tears
- Feet: Ankles, feet, and toes can be strained, sprained or broken
- Catastrophic Injuries: Auto accidents are the leading cause of catastrophic personal injuries. These injuries typically have a life-long effect.
Because car accidents are so different types of injuries that you can suffer the consequences of a car accident, it is important that you take the exam from a medical professional as soon as possible. A doctor will be able to diagnose the type and extent of any injury or confirm that no injury has occurred. Even if you do not believe that you have been hurt, then still it is a good practice to travel to a doctor or other qualified medical professional.
HOW DOES A CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER DETERMINE FAULT IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT?
In most states, auto insurance is fault-based. Because of this, it is important to prove whose fault it is. To collect compensation for your injuries and property damage through an auto accident lawsuit, first, a car accident lawyer must prove that the person causing the accident was negligent or at fault. Your car wreck lawyer will prove to be at fault through an investigation. Your attorney will search for surveillance footage of the accident, request law enforcement reports, pull medical records of your injury and possibly reconstruct the accident.
This is why it is so important to take photographs and obtain witness information after an accident. Your lawyer will need the information to start building your case so that you can get the best settlement.
How to determine negligence after a car accident
Negligence is defined as a failure to use ordinary care, or, a person of general discipline has failed to do so in the same or similar circumstances.
To win a negligence case, the injured party must prove four elements to show that the person acted negligently at fault:
- Duty– The defendant owed a legal duty to the plaintiff under the circumstances
- Breach – The defendant breached that legal duty by acting or failing to act in a certain way
- Causation – It was the defendant’s actions (or inaction) that actually caused the plaintiff’s injury
- Damages – The defendat’s actions harmed or injued the plaintiff
An accomplished personal injury lawyer from Carlson Law Firm can help you determine the above elements.